Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] window sizing issue

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] window sizing issue
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:30:44 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks-

I'm using the DC-30 MHz basic RX board. So by recording the input signal, recording the value displayed on my "time series" window, and knowing the gain (0-20db if memory serves) I can calibrate the hardware so that I can back out the original voltage levels at the input? What impact does the signal processing have on the absolute magnitudes? If there is some magnitude attenuation caused by the FIR filters, is it frequency independent?

thanks,
eric