Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] external 1pps pulse

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] external 1pps pulse
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:31:22 -0700

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:08:27PM -0700, Hans Glitsch wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I currently have four complex input signals coming in through USB
> and I have a 1pps timing pulse coming from a gps source that I need
> to synchronize the 64MHz clock to and also pass on to the PC so that
> I know exactly which sample it occurred on.  Can someone give me
> some guidance as to how I might accomplish this?
>
> Thank you,
> Hans

Hi Hans,

In the good news / bad news department, the good news is that this
shouldn't be hard to do with the "inband signaling" work that's
currently underway.  The bad news is that this work probably won't
be ready for a couple of months.

In the interim, if you're willing to steal an LSB, you could modify
the verilog such that it reported the presence or absence of the 1pps
in the LSB of say, the I component of the first channel.

Eric