Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:15:33 -0500

The first issue, with the automake version, can be addressed in the
Cygwin setup.exe program.  It should be offering you version 1.9.6.  If
it is not, the mirror you selected must be out of date.

I think Shriram had automake vesion 1.10, which is offered as the new
"current" version on the Cygwin mirror site that I use.  Unless they broke
something going to the new version, it should work.  It sounds like the
version listings on the Cygwin web site may be trailing behind what is
as their mirrors.

Regarding the make issue, make sure the Cygwin setup.exe program is
listing 3.81 as installed.  Check your $PATH variable to see if there is
some other make program on your system that might be getting invoked.

You might also try "make --version".  This should tell you if you are using
GNU make and what version you have.

-- Don W.