Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo manual

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo manual
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 18:08:11 +0100

On Thu, 2019-05-23 at 23:47 +0900, Satoru Honda wrote:
> No,it is binary ver.2.2.0. case.

I've found the bug that prevents d-AudioIsPlaying being found - the
build you have has been configured with --disable-aubio and there is a
bug in that code. I've fixed it and I'm testing...

> I 've tryed to build from source but not yet.
>
> Maybe this ver.2.2.0 binary can use only  /dev/dsp... so sometime my
> OS freeze when I use another sound program simultaneously.
Denemo relies on Portaudio to take the audio samples and drive the
hardware. For some reason, it hogs the audio output, preventing other
programs from outputting audio while it is open.

> I should build denemo ver.2.2.0. on ubuntu studio xenial or use
> appimage.
Much more useful to build the latest sources, as there is over a year
of bug fixes and improvements in those.

> It sounds great that you have aleady built for raspberry pi.
> I have raspberry pi 3 .

I was pleasantly surprised how easily it built, but, as you say
Raspbian, like Ubuntu is a Debian derivative. What I didn't mention is
that the sound output from portaudio seems to be broken - perhaps a
matter of the ALSA configuration as that complains on start up. The
patest1.c program for portaudio fails too if I compile and run it.