Re: [Denemo-devel] latest git compile error

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest git compile error
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 04:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

> On September 11, 2013 at 4:09 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:

<snip>

> > OK, I did "git pull", got your latest fix (I presume), and that seems to
> > make it
> > compile to the end.
> >
> > But then I get a seg fault, with the following (i didn't do make install,
> > just
> > "cd ./src ; ./denemo"):
>
> I would expect that to work, especially if you have an installed denemo
> as well, but it is neater to configure with
> ./configure --prefix=/home/bruno/local
> and the do
> make && make install
>
> and then run by cd ~/local/bin && ./denemo
>
> if you have a fast machine.

Soon, hopefully, I will let go of my worry to preserve older versions, and
operate with multiple. (I haven't let go of my 0.9.6, though I explored the
newer ones). So, yes, I have installed with an alternative --prefix. And this
time, I will, too, but will make it version-specific (like,
"--prefix=/home/bruno/local/denemo/git1.0.9" or something)

<snip>

> > (denemo:28332): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: assertion
> > `filename != NULL' failed
> > Segmentation fault
>
> I did get to check that the GTK2 fix works reasonably well, I am sure it
> is not the cause of this segfault. Nor I suspect is it the gdk_pixbuf
> error, which I recall seeing (on windows I think), perhaps the Denemo
> icon not being found for the window manager to use.
> If you are able to run using gdb then please do so
> (Briefly after installing gdb you do
>
> gdb ./denemo
>
> and then
> >run
> at the gdb prompt.)
> this will tell me where it crashed.

 gdb ./denemo
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1-ubuntu
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /data/installers/git/denemo_1.0.8/denemo/src/denemo...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /data/installers/git/denemo_1.0.8/denemo/src/denemo

xmlsource == /home/bruno/.denemo-1.0.9/denemorc
audio driver is 'portaudio' 0
Initializing Fluidsynth
[New Thread 0xb7ad4b70 (LWP 5470)]

** (denemo:5467): WARNING **: The default fluidsynth soundfont has been loaded
Initializing PortAudio backend
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5472)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5472) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5474)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5474) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5476)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5476) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5478)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5478) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5480)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5480) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5482)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5482) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5484)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5484) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5486)]
[Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5486) exited]
[New Thread 0xb69e8b70 (LWP 5488)]
[New Thread 0xb5fabb70 (LWP 5490)]
opening output device 'ALSA: default'
[New Thread 0xb5cf0b70 (LWP 5492)]
[New Thread 0xb54efb70 (LWP 5493)]
MIDI driver is 'portmidi'
initializing PortMidi backend
[New Thread 0xb546eb70 (LWP 5494)]
opening input device 'ALSA: Midi Through Port-0'
opening output device 'ALSA: Midi Through Port-0'
[New Thread 0xb4c6db70 (LWP 5495)]

(denemo:5467): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: assertion
`filename != NULL' failed

0x007a0bae in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
(gdb)