Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:18:57 +0100

Thanks for this: I have tracked down the gdkpixbuf documentation
http://developer.gnome.org/gdk-pixbuf/stable/gdk-pixbuf-file-saving.html#gdk-pixbuf-save
 and I see that there is a gdk_pixbuf_save() which is documented:

The variable argument list should be NULL-terminated; if not empty, it
should contain pairs of strings that modify the save parameters. For
example:

2
gdk_pixbuf_save (pixbuf, handle, "jpeg", &error, "quality", "100", NULL);
Currently only few parameters exist. JPEG images can be saved with a
"quality" parameter; its value should be in the range [0,100].

Text chunks can be attached to PNG images by specifying parameters of
the form "tEXt::key", where key is an ASCII string of length 1-79. The
values are UTF-8 encoded strings. The PNG compression level can be
specified using the "compression" parameter; it's value is in an integer
in the range of [0,9].

So I guess this will do right now, though there is likely some migration
work then to do in the future.

Richard