Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Thumbnails
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:55:25 -0500

I'll do the filechooser part.

Jeremiah

On May 22, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 09:37 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

If someone can point out to me how to extract the first few
measures,
I'd like to try implementing them ;)

You can write a script that selects the first few measure and then
runs print excerpt.

Yes. Then we need something to read the file in, scale it to thumbnail
size, compute the MD5 name, install the mtime and write it out.
(LilyPond seems to provide no means of specifying a pixel size only dots
per inch).
I think I have all this sorted out - I have in mind allowing the user to
specify a selection to use for the thumbnail if they want to, and
storing this selection information with the .denemo file. And then
something to let the user place the thumbnail on the title page.
Generation of the thumbnail would be at closing the score - we could
save the thumbnail selection on load, and compare it before closing to
save re-generating the thumbnail, but we would still need to re-write
the mtime information to conform with the spec (we could ignore that but
would lose the file explorer facility as the file explorer will check
that the thumbnail is up to date).
The bit I was hoping for a volunteer for is popping up the thumbnail in
the filechooser widget...