Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:49:57 +0200

Hello John,

skaller <address@hidden> writes:

> Other entities also need to make decisions. Companies,
> SIGs, Open Source software projects -- and new groups
> will form, once mass ePolitic is as much a reality
> as mobile phones and eMail.

Yes, but my point was that even on mobile phones or PDA you need to
design properly the vote mechanism (store keys, interact with user, do
proper crypto, meaningful random number generator, etc.). So all the
time invested in designing secure classical voting machines should be
reused by recording how and more importantly why (the rationale) this is
done that way.

And by the way, we would be very happy if entities used demexp for their
decision making procedures. :)

Yours,
d.
--