Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines

From: skaller
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Thoughts on voting machines
Date: 19 Sep 2004 23:26:54 +1000

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 19:00, David MENTRE wrote:

> That's said, we have an interest in latter systems, which are not
> strictly off topic of this list:
>
>  - because at one point in the future, if demexp is ever successful, we
>    will have to design physical voting devices;

Not really. I think you're making an assumption that the primary
use of electronic voting will be to replace paper techniques
used for National Governments and their minions.

Other entities also need to make decisions. Companies,
SIGs, Open Source software projects -- and new groups
will form, once mass ePolitic is as much a reality
as mobile phones and eMail. I guess that's still down
the track -- but frankly I couldn't care less if the
dinosaurs adopt it or not.

--
John Skaller, mailto:address@hidden
voice: 061-2-9660-0850,