cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!

From: amigolang
Subject: Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 19:08:47 +0200

Hello Werner, hello Hin-Tak,

I tried out pst-pdf. In the attached file pst-pdf.tar.gz you find the three files

ps4pdfnmt.batch
psf-demo.es
pst-pdf-example1.tex

If you rename ps4pdfnmt.batch to ps4pdfnmt.bat, you have the three files I used for the test.

They are shipped as example files with pst-pdf, I just altered the batch file a bit, so that it worked for me, and reduced the *.tex file to become a minimum working example.

If in a directory with those three files under Win7 and Texlive2016 you call

ps4pdfnmt pst-pdf-example1.tex

it  shold produce a graphic with psfrag insertations.

If in ps4pdfnmt.bat in line 50 you exchange pdflatex against either lualatex or xelatex, the run breaks. So pst-pdf as well works with neither lualatex nor xelatex.

As auto-pst-pdf is just a wrapper around pst-pdf, it will not work either.

That now means:
Working under Windows with psfrag, I can use neither xelatex nor lualatex with one of the packages pdfrack, pstool, pst-pdf or auto-pst-pdf.

As I know of no other package to get psfrag work with, that means, psfrag apparently doesn't work with either lualatex or xetex...

With other words:
* I can work with LaTeX only or
* with LaTeX in a first run and PdfLaTeX in a second run.

The first approach still seems easier to me... but both don't work in the moment...

Thorsten

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.