cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [cjk] Argh I see, dvips seems to be producing rubbish!
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 07:52:32 +0200 (CEST)

> I think i see what the problem with my subfont 44 is.  The wrongly
> encoded glyph ids are those without a mapping under cmap 3,10. cmap
> only maps 43000+ of the 65535 glyphs; the the remain 22,000
> unencoded glyphs get wrongly encoded as their glyph ids.  So it
> trashes 1/2 my subfonts.  I'll need to see what the missing glyphs
> are doing.

The `missing glyphs' are glyph variants.  Usually, glyph X is, say,
the Japanese variant, while X+1 is the Taiwanese one, etc., etc.

And thanks for the bug report!  Alas, as you correctly state, it is
very unlikely to be fixed soon – and being part in a new release.

Maybe the bug can be circumvented by adjusting the .pe script so that
it temporarily removes all glyphs that don't have a cmap mapping?  I
haven't the fontforge docs whether this is possible...

    Werner