certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] [SOLVED] Unable to create RTI ambassador

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] [SOLVED] Unable to create RTI ambassador
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:42:24 +0200

Am 13.09.2011 18:29, schrieb Eric Noulard:

>> After some heavy debugging in DependencyWalker (I figured out a
>> Profiling Method, which profiles the loading of dlls etc during runtime
>> of an executable), I finally found the problem (by accident). X-Plane
>> loads itself a lot of dlls. If a program has loaded a DLL, then it is
>> not loaded again by another DLL in this program. Unfortunately, X-Plane
>> found some DLLs in another path which are also needed by RTIA,
> Do you have the list of those DLL?
> RTIA shouldn't depend on much beside CERTI dlls and MSVCRT.dll?

I figured out, that the following DLLs are needed to be in CERTI path:
- iconv.dll
- ieshims.dll
- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- libxml2.dll
- zlib1.dll

iconc and zlib1 are mainly dependencies of libxml2, and it seems that
certi.dll is dependent on libxml2.

Other dependencies are LIBSTDC++-6.DLL, WS2_32.DLL and MSVCRT, but these
are not found in other directories, and is working therefore.

If you wish, I can send you the whole DependencyWalker output as txt file.

> May be we can build RTIA with some static lib (those which are in conflict)
> in order to avoid such bug hunting safari.
>
>> such they got loaded. And this DLLs where incompatible with RTIA, so it
>> crashed
>> immediately when started. I solved the problem now, by adding all DLLs
>> that are needed by RTIA into the CERTI/bin folder.
> On unix we can use RPATH
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling
> [see CERTI CMakeLists.txt option USE_FULL_RPATH]
>
> to solve this DLL mismatch but apparently there is no such feature on windows:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/107888/is-there-a-windows-msvc-equivalent-to-the-rpath-linker-flag

No, unfortunately not.

Bye
JPO

--
Dipl. Inform. Jan-Patrick Osterloh
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transportation

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Verkehr | R&D Division Transport
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone/Fax: +49 441 97 22-524/502
E-Mail: address@hidden