certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Unable to create RTI ambassador
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:16:52 +0200

2011/9/13 Jan-Patrick Osterloh <address@hidden>:
> Ok, today we tested our plugin with the Pitch RTI, and here it works
> perfectly. So by now I can eliminate that the plugin is causing the
> problem, and at least our shared code is not responsible for the problems.

OK.

> I guess that the rtia dies prematurely because it cannot load some
> dll's.

The RTIA does not load DLL explicitely, the DLL should be
automatically loaded by the system because rtia.exe depends on them.
Those DLL are "implicitely linked":
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d14wsce5%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

> I figured out, that xplane uses an altered path to load the
> plugin. I'm not an expert in this, but I guess that this has also an
> influence on the createProcess in the RTIAmbassador. But I have no idea
> on how to debug this...
> I already used the DependencyWalker to check the DLLs and their
> dependencies, but this is of course outside xplane.
>
> Any further ideas?

Could you try to

1) Put (a copy of) all CERTI DLL and executables in the same directory
as your XPlane plugin
    and rerun.

2) CERTI DLL and CERTI executable should be installed in the same directory
    how are Pitch DLL and executable installed?
    Are they installed in some a global system DLL place (like
"C:\Windows\system32\" or something similar

3) Or modify PATH env var in order to include the path to CERTI executable.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

--
Erk
http://www.april.org