certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Blinding in C#

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Blinding in C#
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 10:29:44 +0200

2011/9/10 Niwatchai Singtiantrakoon <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
> Can I develop federate with C#.
> Thank you.

I must admit I don't know.
The libraries provided by CERTI,
included libRTI and libFedTime which are the one the federate is linked to,
are C++ library.

I bet there must be some way to link a C# applications to a C++ DLL
but I'm no C# programmer so I don't know.

However it seems possible with MS C# compiler:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/texblog/archive/2007/04/05/linking-native-c-into-c-applications.aspx
http://www.dotnetperls.com/dllimport
or with Mono framework too
http://www.mono-project.com/Interop_with_Native_Libraries

Now being able to call libRTI/libFedTime does not provide you with a
kind of HLA C# binding.

If you do something along that path with CERTI please tell us how it goes
since it may interest other people.

PS: you should subscribe to certi-devel ML in order to be able to post question
       and receive answer through the list: