bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] VLC problems on w32

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] VLC problems on w32
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 04:37:25 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> after a song has finished playing, vlc keeps running, so
>>> bongo keeps waiting, end everything stops. I have to click
>>> the next song to start playing again.
>>
>> Would you mind sending a copy of all output from VLC?
>> I would like to see what it says at the end.
>>
>> (You should see this in your annoying terminal window.)
>
> [00000555] rc interface: VLC media player - version 0.8.6a Janus - (c)
> 1996-2007
>  the VideoLAN team
> [00000555] rc interface:
> Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go
> the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I wx"
>
> Remote control interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
> [00000552] main playlist: nothing to play

Okay, well, Bongo should send a `quit' command to VLC when
it sees that last line.

             ((looking-at (eval-when-compile
                            (rx (and line-start
                                     (optional
                                      (and "[" (zero-or-more digit) "]"))
                                     (zero-or-more space)
                                     "main playlist: nothing to play"
                                     line-end))))
              (process-send-string process "quit\n"))

So the question is, is that regular expression failing to
match or is the `quit' command not working?

Idea:  Perhaps we need to send "quit\r\n" on W32.

Considering that `process-send-string' is giving you errors
when you try to pause, though, I suspect the quit command is
not even being issued.

I mean, why wouldn't sending "quit\n" to the process give a
similar error to sending "pause\n"?

Maybe try adding that carriage return to the quit command.
If that doesn't do anything, check whether or not the quit
command is being sent to the process (for example, by putting
`(error "foo")' right before the call to `process-send-string').

If it's not being sent, maybe the regular expression is
wrong or maybe Bongo in fact does not see any of the output.

Thank you for your help so far.  If you don't feel like
debugging this any further, I could probably find a computer
with Windows myself some time.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>