bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Farsi Dictionary

From: Arash Partow
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Farsi Dictionary
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:44:14 +1000

Hi,

A friend and I at RMIT are attempting to develop a soundex algorithm
specifically for the Persian language and phoneme as a research project,
This proposed dictionary would be an excellent arena for testing searches
on words and phrases using the new soundex. I've read the RFC which
leaves open the possibility for the interface to implement the soundex of
its choice, I was wondering if maybe rather than using the Knuth defined
soundex we may implement this new algorithm?
Other than giving equality functionality (which is the only functionality
the
normal soundex can give) it can also give ranging functionality based on
a linear scale using only 2 other words as calibrators. It would be a
good proof of concept exercise for our research.

Arash

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net