bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: Additional Processes

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: Additional Processes
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:58:17 +0300

On Thursday 11 September 2003 17:05, Seyyed Mehdi Sheikhalishahi wrote:
> Hello Dears
>  I develop an application using Java programming language that uses
> Thread technique,When I run my application instead of one process I see
> eight process  of it in my system(using ps -aux command).
> What's your idea about this subject?
> How can I see that one process has how many threads running?

Welcome to one of the greatest disadvantages of the Java programming language.
IT IS SLOW. One of the reasons, is that the jvm usually starts a couple of
processes for each application.

Arash Partow says that it really depends on your jvm. But I have tried a
couple of them (blackdown, Sun, IBM) and they are all like this. The number
of prosses depends on the specific jvm (java 1.4 should give you the best
results).

I have heard that the only jvm which only starts one prosses for each
application, is Apple's jvm. of course I haven't tried it myslef (i don't
have a Mac).

In order to find YOUR process, you should find it's PID. do that using 'pidof'
command.

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri