bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: Additional Processes

From: Arash Partow
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: Additional Processes
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:24:17 +1000

Hi,

It really depends on what jvm you are using, usually any java program
when executed initiates a series of threads for self maintenance
regardless of weather or not you are using threads in your app. Swing
and AWT also execute threads for event management etc. There are a
whole array of sources for which you could account for the threads you
see. The VM itself would be running its own threads too, the only way to
know what-is-what is to get the PID of the threads "YOU" create.

FYI, AFAIK the Java standard for VMs dictates that the threads don't
necessarily need to be POSIX compliant.

Arash

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net