biborb-general

[biborb-general] Bug reports and feature requests

From: Kai Hartmann
Subject: [biborb-general] Bug reports and feature requests
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:50:12 +0100

Hi Guillaume Gardey, hi all,

first things first: thanks for the biborb software. I am looking for a
good and working intranet service to manage a BibTex database for some
time. For the personal usage, JabRef is doing fine, but unfortunately it
is not suited for intranet usage. Your project looks very promising,
although I experience some difficulties (descending importance):

1. Import of BibTex files
- doesn't work correctly if BibTex key contains accent
- doesn't work correctly if only a few fields are defined

The worst thing about it: Nevertheless, the entries are imported, but
cannot be viewed afterwards ("Browse" or "Display All")

2. Localization
The menu entry for "BIBINDEX_MENU_ADMIN_PREF" does not display in the
German version (should read "Einstellungen").

Additionally, I have the following feature requests:

3. Hierarchical organization of references
It would be a great plus if the references could be ordered
hierarchically. The organization into groups is a step in the right
direction. Is it possible to implement the usage of subgroups?

4. Import/Export of Endnote files
I think, this is already on the agenda.

5. The automatic import of Pubmed entries
Like in JabRef, would be nice :)

If you need additional information and/or sample files, don't hesitate
to ask.

Last question: Is the Bug database at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/biborb still in use? I can enter the
bugs there if you want.