bbdb-user

BBDBv2 vs v3: what are the changes

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: BBDBv2 vs v3: what are the changes
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 04:12:52 +0200

Hello,

with recent privacy alerts and stuff like that, I've decided to get
back to my good old tools and prevent my contact list being
exposed in the Internet anymore.

My addressbook is one of the stuff I really want to keep locally
instead of putting it into my smartphone.

Being a GNU Emacs user, BBDB is a lovely and natural solution, indeed.

Years ago, I used to use it but it was at a time when there was one
unique flavor. I see there are now 2.

The question is quite simpple: why should I take v3 vs v2 AKA legacy ?

Thank you

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:address@hidden               w:www.maillard.im