Re: [Axiom-developer] Version numbers and merging improvements

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Version numbers and merging improvements
Date: 26 Jun 2007 16:04:21 +0200

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> I'll take a look at following Gaby's hints and make a file that
> contains the key information for autoconf (or whatever) to target.
> That file could be script updated or hand updated as needed (say on a
> platform where the script doesn't work).  I'll start on a pamphlet
> file.

For svn

LC_ALL=C svn info | grep "Last Changed Rev:"

might be appropriate (as already pointed out by Ralf), although I do not know
how stable "Last Changed Rev:" is.

It seems that git uses a different sort of revision numbers, and I do not know
the appropriate command there.

In any case, I guess that it will be enough to provide scripts for git and svn
for the moment, don't you think?

Martin