Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:41:15 +0200

On 04/23/2007 11:08 AM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

This translation also happens in tools/aldordoc2tex.pl. I am sure you can
adjust it.

I don't speak perl.  Furthermore, I'd also like to have compression.

Compression of what? The filename? For ALLPROSE I wanted the Hyperlink (actually xdvik) to show a bit of information in a readable form (the type where the function comes from). That was the only reason why I made the link name human readable. I only had the restriction of hyperref and perhaps TeX's memory, but not more.

Ah, and as you can see, I included the name of the type in the link.

And make sure you remove ">" from the filename. Otherwise it will be hard to
remove that file.

Apart from this, I find it problematic that file names will become very long
this way.
I was thinking of creating an md5 checksum and use that, but it appears
suboptimal to me, since it is not really bijective and looks too complicated.
Why do you need bijectivity at all? All you want is a cache, right? So md5
seems OK to me.

Well, for the moment I think it's ok, even though md5 is not even injective.

Do you really think that you can find two signatures in Axiom that have the same md5 code? What is the probability of that?

I would have thought that gzip -c | somesimpleencoder would be ideal for that
purpose.  But I couldn't find any encoder that uses only letters and digits.

somesimpleencoder = base64encoder

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64

Ralf