Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links
Date: 23 Apr 2007 11:08:49 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> This translation also happens in tools/aldordoc2tex.pl. I am sure you can
> adjust it.

I don't speak perl.  Furthermore, I'd also like to have compression.

> Ah, and as you can see, I included the name of the type in the link.
>
> And make sure you remove ">" from the filename. Otherwise it will be hard to
> remove that file.

Apart from this, I find it problematic that file names will become very long
this way.

> > I was thinking of creating an md5 checksum and use that, but it appears
> > suboptimal to me, since it is not really bijective and looks too
> > complicated.
>
> Why do you need bijectivity at all? All you want is a cache, right? So md5
> seems OK to me.

Well, for the moment I think it's ok, even though md5 is not even injective.
But I thought that it would be better to have something bijective to be remain
more flexible.

I would have thought that gzip -c | somesimpleencoder would be ideal for that
purpose.  But I couldn't find any encoder that uses only letters and digits.

Martin