Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: 21 Mar 2007 11:40:02 -0500

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > I can do that. But then we cannot duplicate a directory like
| > last time or we are going to have the disk space problem again.
| > But should /trunk be removed first?
|
| I think we should *first* merge build-improvements and wh-sandbox
| to define a new "Silver" /trunk at SourceForge. Delete the old
| /silver branch as SourceForge.

If we all agree on that, I would like to work out the details
(which patchsets, etc.) with Waldek so that we can present the
community with an improved system.

But, I would really like to have a buy-in from the key developers.

For me, the ability to build Axiom on windows has become important.
The reason being that part of my working environment is Windows --
four months ago, I got one those "toys" are fully supported only by
windows at the moment.  However, I would like not have to spend
time solving Windows specific issues. So, a single uniform code base
is a must.