RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:36:29 -0400

On March 20, 2007 12:23 PM Gaby wrote:

> Bill Page writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | I would like to proposed to Gaby and Waldek that we go ahead
> | and establish wh-sandbox as the new trunk in svn at Sourceforge
> | as soon as possible. When that is done, I think it would be
> | appropriate to prepare up to date "Silver" binaries for as
> | wide a range of hardware/operating systems as possible. I
> | think that where it is possible, we should also include Aldor
> | in these binaries.
>
> Instead of constantly changing branches for "new silver", I
> would rather see a backport for specific changes from wh-sandbox
> to build-improvements,  and then when its status is clear to
> what is still called "Silver".
>
> Waldek sent a list ago (I don't have that mail right now), we
> should work out the details for backport.

That would certainly be fine with me. The main reason that I
currently favour wh-sandbox is that Waldek recently "backported"
a selection of revisions from build-improvements to wh-sandbox.
But I am not completely certain of the status of all potential
revisions that we might want to include in a new "Silver". Of
course I am especially concerned about the ability to build on
Windows but I haven't tested this yet.

>From my point of view, the creation of a new "Silver" trunk is
a little overdue. Unfortunately only you and Waldek are really
in a good position to do this. But with your direction I am
certainly willing to help - especially in testing of the new
release.