Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: 02 Nov 2006 09:22:09 -0500

Greetings!

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:18 PM Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga wrote:
> > On PowerPC, make fails:
> >
> > gcc  -o raw_pre_gcl  \
> > -L.    -lpre_gcl `echo -lSM -lICE  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXmu -lXt -lXext
> > -lXaw -lX11    -lm  -lreadline -lncurses | sed -e 's/-lncurses/ /'`
> > -lintl -lc -lgclp
> > /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lintl
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Fink installed a version of libintl from gettext-dev 0.10.40, so I've
> > added a "-L/sw/lib" and am retrying the build now.
> >

> Here is a recipe that seems to work for me and avoids reference
> to fink or other non-gcl related libraries:
>
>  $ export
> LIBRARY_PATH=/home/users/b/bi/billpage/osx/new/gcl-2.6.8pre/binutils/int
>  $ make clean
>  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-locbfd --disable-statsysbfd
>  $ make
>  $ make install

locbfd should be the default on macosx, as we have Aurelien's specific
mods for .o file loading.  Extending this default to the intel should
resolve the -lintl 'out of the box'.  This said, I'd be quite
(pleasantly) surprised if Aurelien's code works as is on intel.  This
should be tried first -- if you can compile and load a simple file,
all is well.  Otherwise, the brain-dead default entry-level loading
option is --disable-statsysbfd --enable-dlopen.  This is limited in
that compiler::link instead of save-system must be used to save
images, and that no more than 1024 loads are supported on most
machines (as each requires an open file descriptor).

BTW, out of town till Sunday.

Take care,