Re: [Axiom-developer] patches

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] patches
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:01:34 +0200

I would like to ask the other Axiom Developers for their opinion
about how best to handle these sort of changes to documentation in
the Axiom source distribution: Should we accumulate and review the
changes online and only then apply a cumulative patch to Silver
and Gold?

I would very much like that there is only ONE version, namely axiom--test--1 editable through the wiki and that version is always in sync with a branch (call it silver/branches/axiom--test--1) on our subversion repository. Is that sync'ing easily achievable?

I don't like very much that there is a separate (completely different looking branch book--main--1). I guess that makes the axiom sources even more a mess than they are in axiom--main--1.

Reduce the number of different repositories!

Ralf