RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:30:05 +0600 (NOVT)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Page, Bill wrote:
> I am not sure though
> that we want to assume that the user has java has installed?
No.

> Do you have any installer programs for Linux that you would
> recommend.
We should have an rpm package. Best of all if it would install on many
distributions - RedHat, SUSE, Mandrake. A deb package for Debian and an
.ebuild for Gentoo would be also useful.

As a Linux sysadmin, I'd at no circumstances install something using some
funny "installer" on my rpm-based system, or on Debian, or Gentoo.

Andrey