RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:54:45 -0500

On Saturday, December 18, 2004 12:45 PM Meino Christian Cramer
wrote:

> I did a
>
>   find /tmp/axiom | grep sman
>
> the only thing find finds was:
>
>   ./src/include/sman.H1
>
> so I think, there is more missing than a updated README... ;)

I think that can only mean that you did not build the graphics
capable version of Axiom, or possibly that your build did not
run all the way to completion.  The right version for graphics
should be available in the CVS repository for about the last
month, right Tim? I haven't done this for a while because I
have been building lately from the development arch repository
axiom--main--1 and axiom--windows--1.

As I recall the version of AXIOM make in CVS did not build sman
and other graphics programs until after it completed all of the
AXIOM algebra tests. If your system hangs during those tests,
then the graphics would not have been built. If you do have the
correct version from CVS it might be worthwhile repeating the

  make

step to see if it completes properly or if it is hung somewhere.