RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:22:58 -0500

On Saturday, December 18, 2004 1:11 PM Meino Christian Cramer
wrote:

> It jumps out of the rail at this point:
>
>   [axiom/] :make
>   0 SPAD=/tmp/axiom/mnt/ SYS= SPD=/tmp/axiom
> LSP=/tmp/axiom/lsp GCLDIR=/tmp/axiom/lsp/gcl-2.6.5
> SRC=/tmp/axiom/src INT=/tmp/axiom/int OBJ=/tmp/axiom/obj
> MNT=/tmp/axiom/mnt ZIPS=/tmp/axiom/zips
> TMP=/tmp/axiom/obj/tmp SPADBIN=/tmp/axiom/mnt//bin
> INC=/tmp/axiom/src/include
> CCLBASE=/tmp/axiom/obj//ccl/ccllisp PART=cprogs
> SUBPART=everything NOISE=-o /tmp/axiom/obj/tmp/trace
> GCLVERSION=gcl-2.6.5 TANGLE=/tmp/axiom/mnt//bin/lib/notangle
>   10 copying /tmp/axiom/src/scripts to /tmp/axiom/mnt//bin
>   cp: `/tmp/axiom/mnt//bin': specified destination directory
> does not exist
>   Try `cp --help' for more information.
>   make: *** [litcmds] Error 1
>
> I see that there is an error...but I downloaded this package
> the first time...
> So please, friendly guys out there, please help me out of this
> dschungle (and update the docu...and may be some makefiles...)

Please have patience with us. This is open source development
and you are helping us a great deal by trying to follow our
sketchy and imprecise instructions. With your help and persistence
we will be able to make this easier for other people.

Of course if you have some specific changes to the documentation
or the makefile scripts etc. Then we would also be very happy
to receive them. :)

It looks like your AXIOM variable is set incorrectly again.
There should not be a double // As Tim said earlier

>  export AXIOM=/usr/axiom/mnt/

should not have the trailing /