Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:04:52 +0100

Hello Bill,

On 17 Dec 2004 at 20:32, billpage wrote:

> -5  Finally a new experimental Native Windows TeXmacs-Axiom interface
> is available for testing: - -   - "native tm_axiom
> interface":http://page.axiom-developer.org/tmwin_axiom.zip - -
> Please help us test it. It installs the same away as the cygwin
> program (by manually -   copying the file) but no cygwin1.dll file is
> required.

I downloaded tmwin_axiom.zip, renamed tmwin_axiom.exe to to tm_axiom.exe and copied it on the cygwin tm_axiom.exe. But Axiom inside TeXmacs does not work any more, while it works with the cygwin tm_axiom.exe.

I have a further question about the cygwin tm_axiom.exe : the output of the example

integrate (1/(x**3 * (a+b*x)**(1/3),x)

in tutorial axiom-intro.pdf by Jenks et al. is displayed on one line in TeXmacs, not on three lines as in the tutorial. Is it normal with the current version of axiom_tm, or is it specific to the Windows version (I did not try on Linux)? Is it this behaviour that the new axiom_tm ought to correct?

My installation is under WinXP, and the tm_axiom.exe I used is the one in TeXmacs- 1.0.4-4.tar.bz2 obtained from Cygwin site.

Best wishes,

address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden