Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:19:01 +0100

Hello Bob,

On 18 Dec 2004 at 12:03, Bob McElrath wrote:

> address@hidden address@hidden wrote: >
> Ah OK ! Sorry for that. But then I think that, in its present state
> (at least in the state I > received it in my mailer) the message
> generated is largely incomprehensible, as there > is no leading minus
> sign, only minus signs embedded in the middle of long lines. The >
> only indicators I could detect by inspection are "??changed" and
> "++added"
>
> The "diff-format" output could definitely be improved.  The place to
> do this is in ZWiki itself, Diff.py: DiffSupport:textDiff.
>
> Also the zwiki folder property (or per-page property) "mailout_policy"
> can be set to either "comments" or "edits".  Right now it is set to
> "edits" so is sending out these diffs.  I find them useless, and for
> most cases "comments" is appropriate.  Note that when in "comments"
> mode, emails will also be sent when new pages are created, but not
> when pages are edited.
>
> Is there some way we could have a hybrid?  e.g. when a page is edited
> we send out the entire page with a comment at the top "this page was
> edited".  If one wants to see line-by-line changes it can always be
> retreived through the zwiki interface.

Thank you very much for these explanations. Yes, I agree the hybrid mode you
describe would seem more appropriate than the present edit mode for the cc to
the
list, as it would be readable as a normal message. The 2 latest messages sent
automatically were more readable for me however, thanks to your explanations,
and
because modifs were shorter.

Best wishes,
address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden