RE: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:42:05 -0500

Axiom in TeXmacs for Windows users:

Now, assuming that the new tm_axiom file below does work for
you, with either please try the original Axiom test command
from the Axiom Book

  integrate (1/(x**3 * (a+b*x)**(1/3)),x)

What you will find is that this very first example actually
fails :( to display properly in TeXmacs but very simple variants
such as

  integrate (1/(x**2 * (a+b*x)**(1/3)),x)

actually do display properly. Almost everything else I try
also seems to work.

When I look at the document tree in TeXmacs - something that
only people with a little experience with TeXmacs should do -
as far as I can tell the coding for both of these cases is
correct.

So it seems that this is a bug in TeXmacs that we need to
discuss with the TeXmacs developers.

I have also included a revised axiom.ts style file in the
zip below that should replace the existing axiom.ts file
in both native and cygwin versions of TeXmacs. If there are
any TeXmacs style file wizards out there, I would like to
ask why this change seems to be necessary to properly format
Axiom output. In previous versions of TeXmacs this did not
seem to be necessary.

If you haven't already please download the newest version
of Axiom for Windows here

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDownload