Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files for MathAc

From: Ralf HEMMECKE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files for MathAction
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:00:49 +0200

> > > In ++ comments one might wish to include some mathematical formulae. > > > Writing them in MathML makes the ++ comments unreadable. Many > > > mathematicians can read LaTeX these days, so I would prefer LaTeX here. > > > > Why on earth would you write them in MathML? > > What would you suggest?

LaTeX. In the spad files, this is the way it is currently done: There are two
commands, \spad and \axiom, whose meaning I do not really now. Apart of this,
some simple LaTeX commands like \em and \{ are used. Of course, as little LaTeX
as possible.

Well, is there some list of possible commands that are usable in ++ like \axiom and \spad etc. What is their meaning. My hope would be that a documentation compiler could even produce hyperlinks from certain tags. Is this possible in Axiom?

I'd like to concentrate on making the two languages become one (i.e. Aldor)
first.

As far as I know there are 3 languages, all slightly different.
A Aldor
S SPAD
I Axiom interpreter language

I could live with A \ne I, because the interpreter is there to make life easier for the lazy user. For serious programming, however, Axiom should use Aldor, not SPAD. I believe that SPAD and Aldor still differ in some places, unfortunately.

Ralf