Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files for MathAc

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files for MathAction
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:18:06 -0700

Martin Rubey address@hidden wrote:
> Ralf HEMMECKE writes:
>  > What would you suggest?
>
> LaTeX. In the spad files, this is the way it is currently done: There are two
> commands, \spad and \axiom, whose meaning I do not really now. Apart of this,
> some simple LaTeX commands like \em and \{ are used. Of course, as little
> LaTeX
> as possible.

This is the goal of LatexWiki.  The idea is to have a text format that
has markup that is as natural as possible.  If you are not familiar with
StructuredText, take a look at::

    http://mcelrath.org/Notes/StructuredTextRules

I have added basic latex math components like $$, \[\] and
\begin{equation}...\end{equation}.  StructuredText is used by the python
and zope projects for their in-code documentation.  It might also be
appropriate for Axiom.

As I mentioned elsewhere, StructuredTextLatex will soon be available
standalone, so axiom/aldor users need not run all fo zope and zwiki to
look at the source docs.  It will generate either HTML+images for
equations or XHTML+MathML.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.