Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:41:26 +0200

Am 08.05.2013 um 16:58 schrieb Joerg Wunsch:

> As Hannes Weisbach wrote:
>
>> I have updated usbasp.c and bitbang.c. Because I don't have either
>> one of those programmers I provide the changes as patch files, so
>> they can be tested and applied if everything works.
>
> Hehe, just look at the attached photos, it's really simple to build
> these. :-)
>
> However, I cannot get the "ponyser" to produce any usable TPI right
> now.  I think it used to work back when I committed patch #7244 in
> 2011, but even if I revert SVN to that date, it just doesn't work for
> me now (TPICLK is low all the time).  Thus, it doesn't make sense for
> me to test the bitbang.c patch.
Ok, I hooked up an FT232R as ponyser (with inverted signals) and that works for
OS X and Linux (Windows not tested). Interestingly it was way faster on OS X
(100/60 W/R) than Linux (420/270 W/R).
I've also built an RS232-adapter but I don't have a computer with RS232, so
I'll have to check on Monday in the lab.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone else could confirm this or report back if
the patch works with the Buspirate, Parallel port, and Linux GPIO programmers.

Best regards,
Hannes