Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 16:47:37 +0200

Am 05.05.2013 um 15:49 schrieb René Liebscher:

> Hi,
>
> at my Ubuntu 12.10 avrftdi is no longer available. The reason is that it
> checks for some ftdi1, which is not found here. (I have installed libftdi1!)
> If I define HAVE_LIBFTDI1 for myself and change the includes from
> libftdi1/ftdi1.h to ftdi.h it works as before.
>
> René

Then Ubuntu puts the header in the wrong directory. I use the git HEAD for
testing. You get ftdi.h also when you have libftdi-0.x installed (How does
Ubuntu handle a libftdi-0.x/libftdi1 co-installation?). ftdi.h unfortunately
has no version information itself, however a function call
ftdi_get_library_version() is available, returning a struct ftdi_version_info.
I don't know if it is possible to have autoconf/autotools compile a test
program an parse its output for version information.
This leaves the issue, that putting headers in different directories makes the
code rather ugly, because it has to handle all eventualities.

Best regards,
Hannes