Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk50

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk500
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:03:58 +0100

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 21:36, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> I try to read out the fuses and got allways 0x00 as answer with is
> not correct for
> fresh devices. Also setting the internal rc oscilator for at90s1200
> is not working.
[...]
> Is the fuse support not working for at90s1200 at all?
>
> Which software version ob stk500 is needed and how can I use it? Or
> is it simply a bug :-)

Hi Klaus,

avrdude only supports SPI-programming.

According to the datasheet the AT90S1200 has only a SPI-command for
setting lock-bits. All other operations on lock- or fuse-bits are not
supported.

The only bug seems to be that the config-file defines commands for
these actions. Either they are from an outdated datasheet or (more
likely) copied from another chip definition.

Sorry ;-(
  Jan-Hinnerk