Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 withstk500

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 withstk500
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:50:31 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> "Theodore A. Roth" wrote:
> >
> > To put the stk500 into parallel programming mode should only require
> > change this code to allow the user to override the config file and set
> > this param to 1:
> >
> > [from stk500.c]
> > 370   if ((p->flags & AVRPART_SERIALOK) && (p->flags & AVRPART_PARALLELOK))
> > 371     buf[3] = 0; /* device supports parallel and serial programming */
> > 372   else
> > 373     buf[3] = 1; /* device supports parallel only */
> >

> Sorry, this worked not for me. I tested it before my first mail :-)
> The problem seems to be that there is no universal command with parallel
> programming.

Of course there's no universal command with parallel mode since the
U-cmd is just a direct interface to the SPI commands. Avrdude should be
already be using the higher level stk500 commands when
erasing/programming the memory sections and would thus have most of the
parallel support in place. The missing pieces are the higher level fuses
and lock bit commands to avoid reliance on the U-cmd.

Ted Roth