[avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk500

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk500
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:36:17 +0100

Hi all,

I´m absolutly new to avrdude so there is the posibility that all works
but I have not read
all instructions yet... but I don´t think so :-)

I have an actual version of a stk500 board with actual firmaware
(avrstudio wants not update it:-)

I try to read out the fuses and got allways 0x00 as answer with is not
correct for
fresh devices. Also setting the internal rc oscilator for at90s1200 is
not working.

After that I tested with an older stk 500 software version (1.10) and
got the same problem. :-(

Is the fuse support not working for at90s1200 at all?

Which software version ob stk500 is needed and how can I use it? Or is
it simply a bug :-)

Thanks
        Klaus