Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega8535 on avr910

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega8535 on avr910
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:12:36 -0400

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:21:04PM -0700, Eric Williams wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck programming the ATMega8535 with avrdude on a avr910
> programmer?  (DigiKey has discontinued the AT90S8535.)  I tried modifying
> the avrdude.conf file to give the m8535 the avr910_devcode of the Mega83,
> and the program cycle ran, but the verify fails on the first byte.  I'm not
> afraid of hacking my avr910 if that's what it takes, but I don't have the
> tools to build a binary of avrdude.  I'm running v4.1.0 under Win2K.

Not sure if you did this or not, but be sure and erase the chip before
programming the flash.  You can use the '-e' option to do this at the
time you program the flash.  Without doing this, you'll typically get
verify errors if the chip previously contained a program.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden