[avrdude-dev] AvrDude Varify Errors

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AvrDude Varify Errors
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 02:45:20 +1200

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing frequest verify errors on my Win2k system using the
WinAvr port of avrdude.

I have got the source and have tried adding delays etc but I still have not
been able to reproduce reliable verifies.

It's kind of strange as when I run avrdude under Linux on my PC (dual
celeron 466) it takes about 10-12 seconds to program 6800 bytes. When I run
under Win2k with no delays it takes about 7 seconds. Strange thing is that I
can get clean verifies at 7 seconds, but not reliably

Also when I get a mismatch it is usually the first 2 bytes on a 64byte
boundary. I don't know much about FLASH reprogramming etc but maybe this is
significant to some of you who know a lot more than me.

Alex