Re[2]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed

From: Bertolt Mildner
Subject: Re[2]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:09:21 +0200

[...]
TAR> I suspect that your firmware supports automatic address increment. The
TAR> firmware I used didn't so I had no idea how to handle it.

TAR> Without auto incr, avrdude sends 3 extra bytes (cmd + hi + lo bytes).

[...]

TAR> and indeed the auto incr is there. I think is the sw version is >=
TAR> 2.0, then avrdude should assume that auto incr is present.

Looks like there is a command to query if the programmer has address auto
increment:

;**** Return autoincrement address support
w51:
        cpi     u_data,'a'      ; 'a' Return address auto increment
        brne    w5
        ldi     u_data,'Y'      ; putc('Y');    // supports autoinc
        rcall   putc
        rjmp    waitcmd

--
Best regards,