RE: Re[3]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: Re[3]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Daniel Williamson wrote:

:) Concerning the speed difference. Is there a way to turn off the output to
:) the terminal window?

Which output are you referring to? If you are talking about the number
of bytes written, the avr910 code does do that with the changes I made
over the weekend. I need to add that, but it will only happen if
verbosity is turned on with -v.

I was just looking at the stk500.c code and it looks like the
stk500_paged_write() function doesn't honor the verbosity option so
the bytes written are always on. I've committed the attached to remedy
that.

:) or perhaps just increment it every n bytes.
:) On Win2k running a dos window I've written programs that write to the
:) terminal window and it can really make a difference.
:) Even for a few 10's of writes using printf it makes a noticible difference.
:) If somebody with a working source could patch out the display code and time
:) it then it's another possibility tried.

Ted Roth