Re: [avr-gcc-list] Unable to compile!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Unable to compile!
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:21:22 -0600

James wrote:

Hi there,
I am having trouble getting a C-programme to compile, I have  added one line
since it compiled on Friday, and now I am unable to get it to even attempt a
compile.

The error message I receive is

"make" all
make: *** no rule to make target 'all'
process exit code 2

Can you make any sense of this error message for me!

This error message has nothing to do with your C code; it's a make error. It means that make cannot find the target "all" in the makefile. Probably because you don't have the directory where your source is as your current directory.

Are you using the sample makefile that comes with WinAVR?
Do you have one of your source code files opened up in PN?

Eric