Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr & gdb

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] simulavr & gdb
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:23:35 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Torsten,

There are two ways.

1) Use the `info io_registers` from gdb. This is a special command I added
to gdb which is only available to the avr version. As far as I know, only
simulavr knows how to respond to the request. From gdb, you can also use
`help io_registers`. Also note that you don't have to type more than
"io_reg".

2) Use the simulavr-disp coprocess with simulavr:
  $ simulavr -P simulavr-disp ...

Note that method 1 is much faster, but 2 let's you see things change is
quasi-realtime.

Ted Roth