[avr-chat] STK500 can't sync

From: Dino Linux
Subject: [avr-chat] STK500 can't sync
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:35:18 +0200

Hi

I just got a STK500, and tried to get it to work with avrdude. If I'm
not in programming mode, the programmer doesn't respond, giving me
this error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

When I boot in programming mode, avrdude can't sync with the
programmer, giving me this error:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xe0

I tried using a serial port communication program and AVR studio 4,
both seem to work, but I would like to see it work properly under
Linux too. This is the command I used:

avrdude -c stk500 -p 8515 -P /dev/ttyS0

thanks for any help