Re: GNU packs with generated README

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: GNU packs with generated README
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:48:46 -0400

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:37:57PM +0200, Ronald Landheer wrote:
> What I'd like to know is whether it is possible to keep the GNU (--gnu)
> standards for Automake's checking, but not have it look at README while
> bootstrapping [because README is a generated file, and doesn't exist
> yet at that point]

As a longer-term solution, perhaps some of those checks should be
done, not by Automake itself, but by the generated distcheck
target; specifically, checks for files like README that aren't
needed by the build.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
[...] despite reports to the contrary, it is the rare programmer who
permanently loses his sanity while coding ("permanently" being the
operative word).
        - Eric E. Allen