Re: AC_SEARCH_LIBS and non-cdecl calling conventions (was: pkg-config wi

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: Re: AC_SEARCH_LIBS and non-cdecl calling conventions (was: pkg-config wisdom)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:44:59 +0100

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 21:34 +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> 3) The pressing issue that Matěj complained about was when configure
> fails to detect all libraries, because all of them have a different
> calling convention.  Right?

The situation that I have encountered the case of cross-compilation.
One library has a different library name for *nix version and respective
Windows version and the Windows one uses the stdcall (at least I think
so) calling convention.
And when one thinks about that this should be a quite common problem -
that is when you cross-compile, you may have some difficulties while
checking for your libraries.

I don't really understand that calling conventions - related stuff, so I
can't say anything highly intelligent to the other points.

Maybe just to remind that people sometimes complain about the configure
script slowness, so we should be careful when doing things that could
make the script's exec time even longer.