Re: autotest scripts (Autom4te)

From: Derek Robert Price
Subject: Re: autotest scripts (Autom4te)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:05:35 -0500

Grzegorz Jakacki wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Derek Robert Price wrote:

Hey,

I'm noticing that when Autom4te generates autotest scripts, only the
macros in testsuite.at are output.  In other words, unlike configure.ac
conversion, arbitrary shell snippets are not in the final generated file.

Is there a good reason for this?  Could I change a single switch in
autom4te.in or autom4te.cfg to alter this behavior?

I think you can include snippets definitions with 'm4_include'. Is this
what you are looking for?

Not quite. Numerous calls to m4_include for short snippets of shell that need to be stored in seperate files seems needlessly complicated and cluttered for what I had in mind. So does calls to m4_define followed by calls to the functions.

Is there a good reason why autotest script generation doesn't behave this way and configure generation does?

I was hoping that shell code could just be included in the toplevel autotest file like it is with configure.ac. I thought I understood that autom4te was the same script called for configure generation by autoconf and was hoping someone might be able to direct me to a simple switch I could pass in or hack before I had to read through the whole source file and figure it out myself.

Derek

--
               *8^)

Email: address@hidden

Get CVS support at <http://ximbiot.com>!
--
I will not fake my way through life.
I will not fake my way through life.
I will not fake my way through life...

         - Bart Simpson on chalkboard, _The Simpsons_